Perfect for families with different tastes (i.e. picky eaters), each person makes their dinner exactly the way they want it. No hassles.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen jasmine rice, heated
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed and heated
- 1 cup grated cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Sliced pickled or fresh jalapeños (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed
Arrange rice, beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, avocados, sour cream and jalapeños in separate bowls. Allow everyone to top their tortilla with whatever ingredients they chose, then roll up into burritos, tucking in the ends.