Everyone will enjoy this quick-and-easy family-friendly dinner. To save time, look for prepared coleslaw mix in the produce section or pick up the veggies from the salad bar.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
- 2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds total) sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean barbecue seasoning
- 2 cups roughly chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup prepared tartar sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) package lightly breaded fish sticks
- 4 French bread or hoagie rolls
- 4 large lettuce leaves
Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel potatoes, cut each in half lengthwise and slice into 8 wedges. In a large bowl combine potatoes, oil and seasoning and toss until evenly coated. On a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in a single layer and place on the middle rack of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and cooked through, about 30 minutes. While potatoes are baking, toss together cabbage, carrots and tartar sauce in a small bowl. Refrigerate. When potatoes have 15 minutes left to cook, prepare fish sticks according to package directions. Toast rolls and layer with lettuce, slaw and fish pieces. Serve with sweet potato fries.