Fresh asparagus are a sure sign that spring is coming. This easy frittata makes a refreshingly light dinner or lunch. Or serve with biscuits or scones for brunch.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 small bunch very thin* asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (*if not very thin, blanch and drain thicker stem pieces)
- 2 cups spring or baby greens Salad Mix
- salad dressing
Preheat oven to 400°F. In an oven-proof skillet on the stovetop, heat olive oil and sauté onion until barely softened. In a medium bowl, beat eggs then add cheese. Pour into hot pan. Top with ham and asparagus. Turn heat to low and cook 2—3 minutes to seal bottom. Place pan with frittata in oven and cook an additional 20 minutes or until puffed and barely set. Remove and cool slightly. Serve with dressed spring greens.